Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2009

Shoot first. Sightsee Later

I watched the funniest movie recently - In Bruges where Colin Farrell plays this Irish assassin lad and Ralph Fiennes a baddie. The script is side splitting hilarious from start to finish. There were too many funny scenes but here is one memorable part. Ray is Farrell and Jimmy is a dwarf actor Jordan Prentice


Ray
: Why didn't you wave hello to me today when I waved hello to you today?
Jimmy: I was on a very strong horse tranquilizer today; Wasn't waving hello to anybody. Except... maybe to a horse.
Ray: Huh? What are you talking about?
Jimmy: Just horseshit.
Ray: You from America?
Jimmy: Yeah. Don't hold it against me.
Ray: Well, that's for me to decide, isn't it?
Ray: [to Denise] You from America too?
Denise: No, I'm from Amsterdam.
Ray: Amsterdam! Amsterdam's just a lot of bloody prostitutes, isn't it?
Denise: Yes, that's why I came to Bruges. Been trying to get a better price for my pussy here.
Ray: Huh?
[pause]
Ray: You two are weird. Would you like some cocaine?

Here is a scene between Fiennes and the other lead Brandon Gleeson.

Ken: Harry, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a cunt. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids.
Harry: [furious] Leave my kids fucking out of it! What have they done? You fucking retract that bit about my cunt fucking kids!
Ken: I retract that bit about your cunt fucking kids.
Harry: Insult my fucking kids? That's going overboard, mate!
Ken: I retracted it, didn't I?

Watch the trailer and then you would be convinced. i am, I want to go out and buy it and watch it again!

No comments: