Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Sun & Sea

D and her friends from the UK are off to Krabi, Thailand for a few days next week and have invited me along. I thought since my days in Asia are limited, I would jump on the wagon and join the girls for a sun soaked vacation.


S is organizing the whole thing so I just have to pack my swimmers and some shades. The beach of choice is Railay in Krabi which is touted as one of the top beaches in the area. Krabi has about 83 islands so we might take a longboat and island hop.
 
As I was curious about the place, I went online to check out what else was available and boy was I impressed. There were endless number of choices available. Koh Lanta that was about 1 hour south, had these beach front bungalows at Lanta Palace. During low season ie May - October, the beach front cottages are rented out at USD12.50. If that's not enough, that rate includes tax AND breakfast for 2 !!

  

  

Then I found this one, called Lanta Castaway - love that name.

 Again right on the beach, for this hut, during peak season, its USD 10.00 ! For off season, its USD 3.00 !!!  Book the whole freaking hotel I say and invite the family !!

Unbelievable.

Of course, there are really lovely and posh hotels, like this one.

 

The Rayavadee Resort which has bungalows with all the fringe benefits. 
 
 
The room rates range between 200-400 USD a night. More for couples, not so much for 5 girls looking to sip cocktails in the pool bar and eye candy.
For us, the hotel has been picked and it's the Railay Bay Beach Resort that is right on the sand and looks comfortable and clean. At USD 103 a night, it is very reasonable. The banana pancakes are apparently a knockout.  These are the cottages we would be sleeping in.

 

I will be away most of next week so will post my photos online when I get back.Til then, have a fab weekend !

No comments: