Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summertime

It's the peak of summer here and I am in love with the summery flowers every-wear. EmersonMade is a NYC based company who create these stunning blooms for their fashion line.


Look at these fabulous combinations.
Which do you like ?


Each costs between USD 48- 72. The label is created by a husband and wife team . What a great little busines they have!

Their signature florals are repeated in their necklaces, dresses and corsages.




The necklaces are USD 125 and I am loving the one on the left.

Of course I can try to make these flowers myself as there are plenty of tutorials online. I tried it once and turned my flower into a brooch for a jacket. But that flower has been squashed when I forgot to unpin it before packing in a suitcase.It's not difficult but quite tedious, so if you have no patience then buy quality plastic flowers and superglue a pin to it and you have a fast and instant solution.

This fabric dahlia was featured on Martha Stewart.


 If anyone is interested, the tutorial can be found here.

Or if you want the same blooms that EmersonMade create, you can see a detailed tutorial here by Michonne as featured on 100layercake's blog.

No comments: