Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

Summer Loving

We are not quite into summer yet in Doha but spring doesn't last long here. It is already about 33-35 C during the day and people are still firing up barbies in the evening but it will hit 40 pretty soon.

I say the window for lying by the beach will be small but I am going to try and get as much beach action as I can before it starts to scorch. The last time I bought a swimsuit was in Sri lanka, a one-piece halter from Arugambay .


It was cheapish, USD 32 but the stitching was terrible and it started to fray at the most inconvenient spot just after one wear. The material was also very thin spandex and I don't think it will last more than a few more wears. The other swimsuit I own was purchased in Bangkok and that was more than 5 years ago. Time to start shopping !

None of the stores here have anything worth looking at. Most beaches here don't allow two piece suits anyway so I had to go online. After having a baby, instead of gaining weight, I lost and now weigh just over 46 kg. I am skinny and have a muffin top , the worst of all body shapes. Finding a suit is going to be tricky.

These days, swimwear is becoming complex. Do you know a maillot is??? It's swimwear designer jargon for a one piece suit! Anyway, what I want was a tankini, a tank top thing with bottoms, preferably boy short ones.

After days of searching, I came across some new swimsuits that look nothing like swimmers. Add some pants or a flirty skirt and you got the perfect party/loungewear.


See what I mean? I love the coral one in the middle of the bottom row. That top has a white bandeau under and I don't have to worry about showing the muffin and it looks really comfy too.




These designs are being sold here and the one that I liked is a brand called Luxe by Lisa Vogel.

Looking elsewhere, I found, the australian brand, Seafolly tempting as well.





Besides the swimsuits, I was hunting for coverups and think a pair of lightweight pants or even a skirt/dress would be great. I picked these out on Swimspot.


Although the military ones look great, think the grey ones are more versatile.


What are you doing this summer?

No comments: