Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Only 2 more days to the end of 09

The widget in my blog is counting down to the new year and it's only 2 days away ! Where did the year go ? I recall the ups and downs


Downtimes
1. 7 days in dengue hell
2. Nightmares of moving house
3. Realising old age is catching up on me- left the stove on and went out.
4. Whenever I had to deal with local authorities or utility companies. All complete useless buggers and very trying.


Up times
1. Becoming an aunt.
2. Deciding to build our house in Sri lanka
3. Taking 10 overseas trips including Bali (2), Singapore (4), HK (1), Sri Lanka (2), New Zealand (1)
4. Having friends visit and
5. Forming solid relationships with new friends


I originally planned a toga theme for the party just only because themes are fun but having said that, I think no one is going to bother coming dressed so I am officially abandoning the theme.

There will be plenty of champagne and hopefully a successful balloon drop that I will construct tomorrow night. The only theme is New Year, so I am printing out the 12 Chinese horoscopes forecast of 2009 and 2010. It is year of the Tiger and the printed cards will be hung on the walls. They can see if the last years' predictions came true and have fun discovering what is in store for them next year.

And now for something to look forward to in the summer of 2010 !!

No comments: