Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Slow day

(photo via)

Woke up after having a full night's sleep and still feeling tired. I am fine, not ill but knackered from "working"at B's pastry shop yesterday. Her Afghani sous chef packed up and left her without a day's notice over the weekend so she was left stranded.

She had several cake orders and because she's 6 months pregnant and feeling a little ill, I offered to help out. I was in the kitchen only for a total of 5 hours but since I was not used to standing for long hours, it really took a toil. What a weakling I know.

Anyway, I am going to go over again today and maybe for the next few weeks and help her out. If I can hack it.

We backed 3 cakes yesterday - a spiced carrot cake and a fruit sponge cake both customers and a coffee swiss roll for the cafe.

The coffee cream was out of this world and I was taking fistfuls of that stuff and gobbing it down.

Love.

No comments: