Search This Blog

Monday, October 26, 2009

Faking it

My sister's baby faked it, she has been faking her birth for the last 5 days!! We were expecting a baby to be born last weekend but still no news. I guess it is time for her to induce. Will wait for news here and head down to Singapore later in the week.

Meantime, I faked it too. Came across a recipe for 30 minute chocolat croissants. Impossible? Not until you tried it.

Joy the baker is a baker extraordinaire , I came across her blog by acident and although her recipes were mouthwatering, it was this that got me working on dough at midnight last night.

Read here if you are interested.

I only had a small handful of puff pastry dough left in my fridge and after rolling it out and stuffing it with chocolate, it was the world's scrawniest croissant.

Still, after 10 minutes in a hot oven, it tasted like the real thing!


You can see the choc stuffing and I used dark choc so it was quite tasty without being over the top sweet. Should have stuffed more so it would ooze.


Next to try is Joy's Pecan Maple Muffins.

No comments: