Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

Quick Getaway

So we are getting out of KL for a night this week. Just for the hell of it, at first Cameron Highlands was high on the list as I wanted to escape the sizzling heat but the drive will take 3 hours. Melaka on the other hand is only 1.5 hours away plus T has never been.

It must have been more than 10 years since I was last in Melaka and I can't remember who I was there with or, what I did, so this would be like a first trip for me too.

I am after the glorious food like the Chicken Rice Balls and the famous pork satays. The food blogs like Eating Asia and KL peeople KL food have been extremely helpful with tips and maps of the street eats.

This pic is courtesy of eating asia's blog. Makes me drool, I can almost taste the ginger and soy........


That settles lunch, for dinner we are advised to head to the portuguese settlement where they have seafood joints all along the beach. Much like Singapore's East Coast Seafood Centre. Heaven !!!!

We are leaving on Wednesday and staying one night so will take more pics and post them.

No comments: