Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer break

It may seem like we travel alot but we don't. Just so happens that after a month back from Singapore, we are packing to leave again. This time to Sri lanka, for T's 50th birthday celebrations. We have invited some of his close friends to stay in the house with us and it is all very exciting.

He didn't want to be reminded about getting older but his friends would not let this occasion slip by without a party. So off to the house for the 3rd time this year. It will be furnished this time woohoo!

The dining table, chairs, sofa and lights have been delivered to the house. We will arrive Thursday and start prepping the house before the other guests turn up.

I bought a few bright pillows on Etsy and it will bring some colour to the room, which is now basically a lot of shades of grey.

This one is from Urban Pillow.


And these from Mica Blue.



These pillows are outdoor and indoor pillows which hopefully means colours will stay vibrant for a long time. It took a long time deciding on colour scheme for the house, but now I have settled on turquoises and cyans. Hot pinks will be thrown into the mix once I get my husband to agree. He's not big into colour.

Meanwhile I am busy putting together some party ideas that are quite silly. I haven't bought him anything so decided that creating a memorable birthday party will be the gift itself.

An email was sent to friends and family with a questionnaire.
Questions included " The funniest thing T has done was...., and T drives me crazy when he does.... etc"

I am sure reading these comments aloud, would be quite entertaining. Plus reading them while wearing ridiculous wigs that I bought from Costumecraze would make it ever more funny.

For the dining setting, and I am not sure how I am going to do this yet but, create a centerpiece with branches from the garden.

Something like these? And hang old photos from the branches.


Or have the branch lie flat and stick the photos and tealights amongst the branches.


For the place mats, I found T's old school report cards that had the funniest comments and laminated them in A4 sizes.

Will be back early August and post some photos.

Have a great summer you.


No comments: