Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chair lust

There are chairs and there are chairs. Those you have in your office for sitting at the desk. The low slung types where you sit curled up with a cup of coffee while on the phone. The plushy deep seat ones where you snuggle with a good book and nap. There are so many and each unique in their own design.

I have been sharing dining chair photos with my friends and even though we have different tastes, it's fun to see what other people like or dislike.

Here are some more of my favourites. The Gus rocker from here.


John Luff's low rocker from here.


Patricia Urquiola's Tropicalia range that includes this low lounger that also comes in black.

And the ultimate hanging chair. I love this.


As a child, I remember sitting on similar looking chairs insofar as they were made of plastic tubing. It is hard to describe it but it looks like this basket chair. This seems more sturdy than the one I had as a kid. Mine was more springy but essentially it looked the same.


It is quite hard to find those chairs now, if anyone knows where please let me know.

This

No comments: