Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

what a lovely surprise !

I won a contest ! Several spas in Doha held a competition for the best answer to what makes a great spa. The winner would receive a year's supply of free facials at Secrets 974 spa. I wrote a little blurb and sent it in last minute. Apparently my email was detailed enough and was voted top answer so they picked me !


What a super surprise and so I booked myself the first facial this Thursday ! I have not tried their facials but did one pedicure there which was good. 


I have not really tried out the spas in Doha due to the vast price difference compared to Asian rates. In Malaysia, going to spas were fairly typical as there are so many and prices are very affordable. Manicures cost as little as RM 30-40. Most of the spas in Doha are within 5 star hotels which explain the high prices. 


This is the Four Seasons in Doha.


image via here

They have hot, cold and motorized lap pools with bay windows overlooking the Corniche. 

image via here
Six Senses spa in Sharq village is touted to be the most luxurious and pricey of spas. I took a peek once and was very impressed. Here is a photo of the welcome lobby.








The gym is open to members and they have taichi classes, yoga and prayer rooms. A full day treatment program sets you back at least QR 1,000.


The W Hotel Bliss spa looks nice too. It has modern and funky interiors like their hexagonal pools. 




The other hotels with spas include Angsana at Grand Regency and Juala at Grand Hyatt. 


Secrets 974 is not housed within a hotel but along the main road of Salwa Road. A basic pedicure there costs QR 90 and they appear to have a good range of massage treatments but I don't know the range of facial products they use. I guess I will find out later in the week.


image from Secrets website
Glow American Salon is another along Salwa Road, and they are popular with expat ladies for their hair cuts and spa treatments. I did try their facial once and it was very thorough. The lady had deft hands and expertly handled my problem areas. The product line is french label Esthederm which was so good, I bought the moisturiser.

Have a great day !

No comments: